Packing posts are one of those things I always assumed were a snooze but ya’ll seem to really enjoy them — or maybe you just like mocking my overpacking addiction? Regardless, I’ve vowed to do more of them. This was my packing list for a four day girlfriend getaway to Las Vegas in April.
When I go to Vegas I usually plan out my evening outfits ahead of time and then throw a mix of options in for the day. I try to look decently put together even when just wandering around as I believe it goes a long way in nabbing hotel upgrades, getting on guestlists, etc.
Because I flew Southwest (direct flights from Albany? Be still my heart!) I had a free checked bag, and so I packed most of these items in a suitcase I borrowed from my mama. For a carry on I just used my usual oversized tote and stuffed all my electronics and plane necessities in there. Full packing list below…
Read Next: Where to stay and what to do in Las Vegas!
Clothes and Shoes
• 2 pairs of heels (don’t forget heel cushions!)
• 1 pair of wedges for the pool parties (thanks for letting me borrow these, sissy!)
• 1 pair of flats
• 1 pair of flat sandals
• 4 evening dresses (I brought extras for sharing)
• 1 evening skirt and top
• 1 romper
• 1 day dress
• 2 dress tops
• 2 tee shirts
• 1 pair of jeans
• 1 pair of shorts
• 1 pair of leggings (to wear on the plane)
• 1 Lululemon jacket (to wear on the plane)
• 1 packing cube full of panties, bras, and knock-off Spanx (a must!)
• 1 packing cube full of bathing suits
• 1 Flight001 Go Clean Laundry Bag
A note about packing cubes: I’ve been obsessed with packing cubes since my trip to Peru! Though I only needed two Eagle Creek Pack-It Half Cubes for this particular trip, they were awesome for keeping my undies and bathing suits sorted. And now they’re on sale, along with a ton of other Eagle Creek gear! The 20% off sale ends June 15th — no code required. Head over to their site to pick up some serious travel gear at a great discount.
Toiletries and Necessities
• Travel pillow + eyeshade + earplugs
• Fodor’s Las Vegas + a pile of magazines for the pool and plane
• 1 belt
• 2 evening clutches
• 1 bag of jewelry
• 1 bag of toiletries (an abreviated version of what you find in my toiletries post)
• 1 bag of makeup (again, a version of my toiletries post, also, not pictured)
• 1 shower bag (I knew the hotel would have shampoo and conditioner, so I just packed my razor, loofah, and facewash.)
• 1 medicine bag (a small stash of ibuprofen, band aids, Neosporin, a few allergy pills and antacids, etc.)
• 2 pairs sunglasses (not pictured)
• Snacks. We knew our Vdara suite would have a kitchenette so I brought along some oatmeal, granola and almonds. I had read that housekeeping doesn’t always stock dishes and utensils so I packed a set of my own, which wasn’t really necessary but I guess is a habit!
• Drinks. If you’re planning to drink in your room you might as well throw your drink of choice in there too as bottles are heavily marked up anywhere on the Strip.
• Party Aids. For this trip I tested out two new products: Blowfish for Hangovers tablets, which I loved, and AeroShot inhalers, the melatonin version of which I’ve been crushing on lately for getting to sleep on flights.
Gear and Electronics
As this was just a long weekend — and one in which I was attempting to work as little as possible — I brought a very abbreviated version of my usual electronics bag! I actually really could have left the dSLR at home as I really only used it to photograph our hotel.
• MacBook Pro + charger (not pictured) + headphones (not pictured)
• Canon PowerShot S100 + charger + leather case + 16 GB Memory Card
• Canon Rebel T2i + charger + 15-85mm lens + 32 GB Memory Card
• iPhone + Mophie battery case + charger
. . . . . . . . . . . . .
One more time — don’t miss the Eagle Creek Gear Up & Get Away 20% Off Savings Event! Everything from suitcases to packing cube sets are on sale until June 15th, no code required! Note: I’m an affiliate of Eagle Creek and will earn a small percentage of your purchase, at no extra cost to you. Thank you for supporting Meihoukai in Wanderland!